govern the use of JstarPass.com and mobile versions thereof, These Terms,
including Jstarlist's Privacy
Policy and any other policies, rules or guidelines that may be applicable
to particular offers or features on the Site ("Additional Terms") are
hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms. By using or visiting the
Site, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms
and all applicable laws and regulations governing the Site. To the extent that
there is a conflict between these Terms and Additional Terms for the activity
in which you choose to participate, the Additional Terms shall govern. These
Terms will remain in full force and effect as long as you are a user of the
Site and in the event of termination of any membership, service or feature, you
will still be bound by your obligations under these Terms, including any
indemnifications, warranties and limitations of liability.
We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change the terms and conditions of these Terms;
- Change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Site; or
- Change any fees or charges for use of the Site.
Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by any means including, without limitation, posting a revised version of these Terms on the Site. You can determine when these Terms were last revised by referring to the "Last Updated" legend at the top of these Terms. Your continued use of the Site after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of these Terms.
By using or attempting to use the Site, you certify that (i) you are a resident of the United States and are at least 13 years of age or, if under the age of 13, you have the consent of your parent or guardian (over the age of 18) to use the Site, or (ii) you are not a resident of the United States and are at least 18 years of age or, if under the age of 18, you have the consent of your parent or guardian (over the age of 18) to use the Site. If you do not meet these requirements or, if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms, please discontinue using the Site immediately.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. We may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Your user name and password are personal to you. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password, and for any and all activities (including purchases, as applicable) that are conducted through your account, and agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. We are not liable for any harm caused or related to the theft or misappropriation of your user name or password, disclosure of your user name or password, or your authorization of anyone else to use your user name or password. If you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by visiting http://jstarpass.com/ and immediately notify us of the problem by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Code of Conduct. In connection with User Content (as defined below) and your use of the Site, you agree that you will not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Site, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of the Site;
- Use the Site or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including any employee or representative of Jstarlist;
- Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party's intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so; (c) any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us),
- Engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Site;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on the Site;
- "Frame" or "mirror" any part of the Site;
- Link to any page of or content on the Site other than the URL located at http://jstarpass.com;
- Use any robot, spider, offline reader, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data mine or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents without our prior written consent, including with respect to any CAPTCHA displayed on the Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Jstarlist grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Jstarlist reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases;
- Harvest or collect information about Site visitors or members without their express consent;
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (in Jstarlist's sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers') infrastructure;
- Access, reload or "refresh" transactional event or ticketing pages, or make any other request to transactional servers, more than once during any three-second interval;
- Request more than 1,000 pages of the Site in any twenty-four hour period, whether alone or acting in concert with a group of individuals; or
- Use any passcode or password, regardless of whether or not such passcode or password is unique, to participate in a presale or other offer on the Site if you are not the original recipient of such passcode or password (i.e., if you did not receive the passcode or password from Jstarlist, or from the fan club or other organization with whom Jstarlist is working to enable such presale or offer) or if your participation in such presale or other offer is inconsistent with such presale's or offer's terms.
While using the Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
3. Ownership and Restrictions on Use. The information and materials provided on or through the Site, including any data, text, designs, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video clips, logos, icons and links (collectively, the "Materials") are owned exclusively by Jstarlist, and are intended to educate and inform you about the events, venues and other products and services offered or described on the Site. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you may download one (1) copy of any Materials displayed on the Site, and you may use such downloaded Materials solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. Jstarlist cannot guarantee that technical difficulties will not occur during the download of the Materials or that the Materials will download successfully. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited license to use the Site and Materials; provided that you may not use, reproduce, modify, display, publicly perform, distribute, create derivative works of or circumvent any technological measure that effectively controls access to the Site and/or Materials in any way including, without limitation, by manual or automatic device or process, for any purpose. Use of the Site and Materials for any purpose other than as expressly authorized in these Terms is a violation of our copyrights and other proprietary rights, and is strictly prohibited.
The Site, including all Site software, databases, proprietary information and Materials (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) including, without limitation, the selection, sequence and "look and feel" and arrangement of items, is owned and operated by Jstarlist and will remain the property of Jstarlist. The Site is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You further acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or the Materials.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Site (collectively the "Trademarks") are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Jstarlist, Jstarlist's licensors and suppliers, and others. The Trademarks owned by Jstarlist, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not offered by Jstarlist, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, or in any manner that disparages Jstarlist. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission of Jstarlist, Jstarlist's licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks is prohibited, and Jstarlist will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in such Trademarks, including via civil and criminal proceedings.
Descriptions or images of, or references to, products or services on the Site do not imply Jstarlist's endorsement of such products or services. We reserve the right, without prior notification, to change such descriptions or references; to honor, or impose conditions on the honoring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions; to bar any user from making any or all Transaction(s); to limit the order quantity on any product or service; and/or to refuse to provide any user with any product or service. Verification of information applicable to a purchase may be required prior to Jstarlist's acceptance of any order. Price and availability of any product or service are subject to change without notice. Refunds and exchanges will be subject to Jstarlist's refund and exchange policies then in effect.
5. Information Provided by Jstarlist. Although Jstarlist strives to provide Materials that are both useful and accurate, the nature of the data and other information contained on the Site is subject to frequent change. In addition, the facts and circumstances of every situation differ. Accordingly, although Jstarlist endeavors to use reasonable care in assembling the Materials, the Materials may not be up-to-date, accurate or complete.
In addition, portions of the Materials have been contributed to the Site by various artists, sports teams and other persons. The inclusion of such information does not indicate any approval or endorsement thereof, and Jstarlist expressly disclaims any liability with respect to the foregoing.
6. Forums and User Content. We and our designees may host message boards, blog feeds and other forums found on the Site (collectively, the "Forums"), and you may have the ability to provide or upload to Jstarlist creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, information, content, audio recordings, videos, photographs, graphics, artwork or other copyrighted works and materials (collectively, "User Content"). No areas of this Site may be used by our visitors for any commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of tickets, merchandise or services of any kind, except that Jstarlist can be used to resell tickets to the extent compliant with law. Please note that Jstarlist has entered into agreements with certain sports teams for whom Jstarlist hosts websites that are designed to allow such sports teams' season ticket holders to sell individual game tickets from their season ticket packages through such websites ("Season Ticket Sale Sites"). Some of these Season Ticket Sale Sites can be found through this Site. Nothing in this paragraph shall prohibit the sale or purchase of tickets through the Season Ticket Sale Sites or through Jstarlist, as long as such sales and purchases are conducted pursuant to the terms that apply to the Season Ticket Sale Sites or Jstarlist (as the case may be) and comply with law.
By sending or transmitting User Content to us, or by posting such User Content to any area of the Site, you grant us and our designees a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, unlimited, transferable, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, display, store, digitally perform, publish (on the Site, on any other website(s), in print, radio, television or elsewhere), make, have made, sell, offer for sale, import and commercialize User Content, or any portion thereof, in any manner and context (including but not limited to usage in commercial, advertising or promotional materials), now known or in the future discovered, in Jstarlist's sole discretion, in any way, in any and all media now known or hereinafter discovered, without limitation and without any compensation or acknowledgment to you or any third party. None of the User Content will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any User Content. If Jstarlist does decide, in its sole discretion, to attribute User Content to you, you hereby grant Jstarlist the right to use your member name with respect to such attribution, and waive any claims (including, without limitation, any privacy or publicity rights claims) with respect to such use of your member name. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to Jstarlist does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your User Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
You further acknowledge that Jstarlist (a) is under no obligation to post, display or otherwise use any User Content, and (b) has no obligation whatsoever to pay you any royalty or other amounts on any revenues or other consideration that Jstarlist receives directly or indirectly from the use or display of your User Content or otherwise from the exercise of Jstarlist's rights granted under these Terms. You hereby agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Jstarlist or its owners/operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of User Content, or any derivative works thereof, infringe any of your rights as creator of the User Content, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights, publicity rights, privacy rights, and moral rights or "droit moral."
Information on our Forums may be provided by our staff and other contributors, some of whom use anonymous screen names and are people not otherwise connected with Jstarlist. You acknowledge that a large volume of information is available in our Forums and that people participating in such Forums occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, objectionable, obscene, threatening, harassing or encourages any such conduct, or that otherwise violate any of the Codes of Conduct, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Jstarlist with respect thereto. We neither endorse nor are responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other utterance made or displayed on the Site or Forums by third parties, whether such third parties are visitors to the Site, members of the Jstarlist community or others. The opinions expressed in the Forums reflect solely the opinion(s) of the participants and may not reflect the opinion(s) of Jstarlist. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in articles or postings, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates, suppliers or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through the Site. If notified by a user of User Content that allegedly does not conform to these Terms, Jstarlist may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to remove the User Content.
By submitting User Content you certify that either (i) you are eighteen (18) years old or are an emancipated minor and have the right to submit the User Content and grant the licenses provided hereunder, or (ii) you are at lest thirteen (13) years old and have obtained your parent's or legal guardian's express consent to submit the User Content and to grant the licenses provided hereunder.
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Content, you affirm, represent and/or warrant that: (i) you own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to the User Content and to grant the rights and licenses to Jstarlist under all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary or intellectual property rights in and to any and all User Content in the manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Content to use the name or likeness of such person in the manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms or, if such persons are minors, the written consent, release, and/or permission of such minor's parent or legal guardian.
You acknowledge and agree that we have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Site and the Forums and the User Content that you or third parties transmit or post; to alter or remove any such User Content (including, without limitation, any posting to a Forum); to disclose such User Content and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Site properly; to protect ourselves, our sponsors and our members and visitors; and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OTHER INTERNET WEBSITES AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEBSITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
8. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Jstarlist infringe your copyright (for example, materials posted by Jstarlist on one of our Forums), you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Jstarlist to locate the material on the Site; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Additionally, if you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by Jstarlist against you, the DMCA permits you to send Jstarlist a counter-notice.
Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site should be sent to Copyright Officer, Jstarlist LLC, PO Box 1305, Rosemead, CA 91770, 888.631.1151, email@example.com
9. Access By Minors. Jstarlist cannot prohibit minors from visiting this site. Jstarlist must rely on parents, guardians and those responsible for supervising children under 13 to decide which materials are appropriate for such children to view and/or purchase. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the two websites GetNetWise (http://kids.getnetwise.org/) and OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Please note that Jstarlist does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such websites.
10. Access from Outside the United States. The Site is primarily directed to individuals residing in the United States. We make no representation that Materials available on or through the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any service, program, film or other product described thereon to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service, program, film or other product that we provide.
12. Mobile Messaging. Jstarlist offers various browsing and mobile messaging services including, without limitation, alerts, contests, sweepstakes and offers for products. You may choose to receive Jstarlist mobile alerts by signing up or entering a mobile promotion. Mobile messaging is provided by Nexmo, Inc. and your participation is also subject to the Nexmo Inc. terms of service. You may view these terms of service at the Mozes website located at https://www.nexmo.com/terms-use.
Standard/other text messaging and data rates may apply, according to your individual rate plan provided by your wireless carrier. Please consult your mobile service carrier's pricing plan to determine the charges for browsing data and sending and receiving text messages. Under no circumstances will Jstarlist, its parent or corporate affiliates be responsible for any text messaging or wireless charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to your wireless device or telephone number as a result of a promotion. If your carrier does not permit text alerts, you may not receive the Jstarlist text alerts. Pre-paid phones or calling plans may not be supported. You may receive a bounceback message for every message you send to Jstarlist.
You may opt out of any alerts by replying with the text "STOP" to such alert or sending the message "STOP" to the shortcode provided. If you sent the text "STOP" to the shortcode, you will no longer receive any text messages including, without limitation, advance notices of ticket sales. We will make every attempt to remove your mobile telephone number from the Jstarlist text database as soon as possible, but please allow up to ten (10) days.
Jstarlist disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material displayed in Jstarlist mobile messaging. Jstarlist disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery or untimely delivery of any information or material by Jstarlist or by you. Jstarlist disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from information or material through Jstarlist mobile messaging.
13. Termination. These Terms shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. We reserve the right to immediately terminate these Terms, and/or your access to and use of the Site or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon termination of these Terms, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all Materials obtained from the Site and all copies thereof, whether made under these Terms or otherwise. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be effected without prior notice, and that Jstarlist may immediately deactivate or delete your password and user name, and all related information and files associated with it, and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that Jstarlist shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination.
14. Suspected Violation of these Terms or Law; Injunctive, Equitable Relief, and Liquidated Damages. Violations of these Terms, including unauthorized use of the Site, may be investigated and appropriate legal action may be taken, including without limitation civil, criminal and injunctive redress. You understand and agree that in Jstarlist's sole discretion, and without prior notice, Jstarlist may terminate and block your access to the Site or to Jstarlist's other services, cancel your pass or merchandise order and/or tickets or merchandise acquired through your order, refuse to honor pending and future purchases made from all credit card accounts or online accounts Jstarlist believes may be associated with you, cancel a ticket or ticket order associated with any person acting or believed to be acting in concert with you, cancel your pass postings, remove any unauthorized User Content or exercise any other remedy available, if Jstarlist believes that your conduct or the conduct of any person with whom Jstarlist believes you act in concert, or the User Content you provide, or any resale of such tickets purchased through Jstarlist violates or is inconsistent with these Terms or the law, or violates the rights of Jstarlist, a client of Jstarlist or another user of the Site. Violating any limitations or terms on the Site, including but not limited to utilizing automated means to process or place ticket orders or ordering a number of tickets that exceeds the stated limit will be deemed to be a violation of these Terms. If we are unable to verify or authenticate any information or tickets you provide during any registration, ordering, purchase, ticket posting, sale, authentication, delivery, payment or remittance process, or any other process, or if we are no longer able to verify or authorize your credit card or bank account information, your pass may be cancelled, we may refuse to honor all pending and future ticket purchases made on such credit card accounts and/or on any online accounts associated with such credit card accounts, and you may be prohibited from using the Site.
You agree that monetary damages may not provide a sufficient remedy to Jstarlist for violations of these Terms and you consent to injunctive or other equitable relief for such violations.
You agree that abusive use of the Site, as defined above, causes damage and harm to Jstarlist in the form of, among other things, impaired goodwill, lost sales, and increased expenses associated with responding to abusive use of the Site. You further agree that monetary damages for abusive use of the Site are difficult to ascertain and that proof of monetary damages for abusive use would be costly and difficult to calculate. Accordingly you agree that liquidated damages are warranted for abusive use. Therefore, you agree that if you, or others acting in concert with you, alone or collectively request more than 1,000 pages of the Site in any twenty-four hour period, you, and those acting in concert with you, will be jointly and severally liable for liquidated damages in the amount of twenty-five cents ($0.25) per page request each time that a page request is made after that first 1000 during that twenty-four hour period. You also agree that this will be the measure of damages for any abusive use that occurred prior to this provision of these Terms being in effect.
Jstarlist is not required to provide any refund to you if it exercises any of its rights or remedies because you have violated these Terms or any of Jstarlist's rights. Additionally, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue any part of this Site at any time, with or without notice to you. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to impose limits on certain features and services and to restrict access to any part or to all of the Site without notice to you. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claim or cause of action arising out of our exercise of the foregoing rights.
15. Disclaimers. THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, JSTARLIST DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. JSTARLIST DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE, THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF JSTARLIST, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. JSTARLIST DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND JSTARLIST WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The Site, Materials or Forums could include inaccuracies or errors, or information or materials that violate these Terms (specifically, the Code of Conduct above). Additionally, unauthorized alterations could be made by third parties to the Site, Materials or Forums. Although we attempt to ensure the integrity of the Site, we make no guarantees as to the Site's completeness or correctness. In the event that a situation arises in which the Site's completeness or correctness is in question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with, if possible, a description of the material to be checked and the location (URL) where such material can be found on the Site, as well as information sufficient to enable us to contact you. We will try to address your concerns as soon as reasonably practicable. For copyright infringement claims, see the section on "Claims of Copyright Infringement," above.
16. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER JSTARLIST NOR ANY OF OUR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE OR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT JSTARLIST SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR (I) ANY FAILURE OF ANOTHER USER TO THE SITE TO CONFORM TO THE CODES OF CONDUCT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM, CAUSE OF ACTION, OBLIGATION, LIABILITY, RIGHT, OR REMEDY WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF JSTARLIST, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, DEFECTS, DATE BOMBS, TIME BOMBS OR OTHER ITEMS OF A DESTRUCTIVE NATURE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, (V) ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIALS, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE, AND/OR (VI) ANY LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED TICKETS, OR THE FAILURE OF A VENUE TO HONOR A TICKET. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR MATERIALS OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS, OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF JSTARLIST, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES SUFFERED BY YOU AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
You acknowledge that you may have or may in the future have claims against Jstarlist which you do not know or suspect to exist in your favor when you agreed to these Terms and which if known, might materially affect your consent to these Terms. You expressly waive all rights you may have under Section 1532 of the California Civil Code, which states:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND THE CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN ITS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Jstarlist ("Jstarlist"), its affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of these Terms, including any violation of the Code of Conduct, above; (b) any allegation that any User Content or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the Site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Site.
18. Disputes - Binding Arbitration Agreement and Waiver of Jury Trial.
A. Jstarlist and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to:
- claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, including, without limitation, claims relating to your use of Jstarlist's website jstarpass.com/, or Jstarlist's website http://www.jstarpass.com/, as the case may be (collectively, the "Websites"), any statements or advertising on the Websites, your purchase of tickets through the Websites, any fees or other amounts you paid to Jstarlist in connection with the purchase of tickets through the Websites, and/or the delivery of tickets to you that you purchased through the Websites;
- claims that arose before this or any prior Agreement (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and
- claims that may arise after the termination of this Agreement.
B. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual (not class) action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, including, for example, the Federal Trade Commission. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND JSTARLIST ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
C. This Agreement and the rights of the parties hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with federal law to the fullest extent possible, exclusive of conflict or choice of law rules. To the extent there is no federal substantive law applicable to the dispute, the parties agree if you have a dispute and your dispute involves an event (or a ticket for an event) that is located in the United States, then you consent to personal jurisdiction, and agree to bring all actions, exclusively in Los Angeles County, California. If you have a dispute and your dispute involves an event (or a ticket for an event) that is located in Canada, then you consent to personal jurisdiction, and agree to bring all actions, exclusively in Toronto, Ontario. If you are purchasing or selling through Jstarlist tickets to an event that is located in the State of Illinois, then this paragraph shall not apply to your purchase or sale, and instead the paragraph that will apply is the paragraph below entitled "Additional Provisions Applicable to Persons Using Jstarlist to Buy or Sell Tickets to any Event Located in the State of Illinois." The parties acknowledge that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the provision in this paragraph with respect to applicable substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement shall therefore be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. Â§Â§ 1-16) ("FAA"). All issues relating to the enforcement of this Agreement and the arbitrability of claims shall be determined pursuant to the substantive and procedural provisions of the FAA. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, scope, enforceability or formation, and/or effect of this Agreement, including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Agreement is void or voidable. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of this Agreement.
D. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice"). The Notice to Jstarlist regarding any arbitration claims you file should be addressed to: PO Box 1305, Rosemead, CA 91770 Attn: Legal ("Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). You may download or copy a form Notice and a form to initiate arbitration at:
E. You will be required to pay a filing fee to initiate arbitration. Presently, that filing fee is $250, and is approximately equivalent to current court filing fees, but is subject to change by JAMS.
F. The arbitration will be administered by JAMS and governed by JAMS' Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or, if applicable, JAMS' Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, and any applicable supplemental rules issued by JAMS and in effect at the time the arbitration is brought, including, if applicable, JAMS' Consumer Arbitration Standards of Minimum Fairness. The JAMS Rules are available online at http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-
G. YOU AND JSTARLIST AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Jstarlist agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void.
I. If any part or parts of this Agreement are found to be invalid or unenforceable by a decision of a tribunal of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed, but the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Any or all of the limitations set forth in this Agreement may be specifically waived by the part against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Agreement.
19. U.S. Export Controls. This Site and software derived from this Site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Site or any software derived there from, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
21. Investment Information. The information contained on the Site may not be current and should not be used or relied on for any decision to invest in, purchase, retain, sell or otherwise transfer the stock of Jstarlist or for any related purpose. Jstarlist is a publicly held Delaware corporation and files quarterly and annual reports with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C. ("SEC"). Copies of the most recent reports and other filings of Jstarlist can be accessed through the SEC EDGAR system located at http://www.sec.gov/ or may be obtained at no charge from Jstarlist.
22. Forward-Looking Statements. Statements in any news release of Jstarlist contained on the Site or communicated orally or in writing that concern us or our management and that are not historical facts are "Forward-Looking Statements." Forward-Looking Statements include, without limitation, statements that (a) include the words "believes," "expects," "anticipates," "estimates" or words of similar importance or meaning with reference to us or our management; (b) are specifically identified as forward-looking; (c) describe any of our plans, objectives or goals for future operations and products; or (d) concern the characteristics and growth of our markets or customers or our expected liquidity and capital resources. Forward-Looking Statements are only predictions involving important factors and risks that may cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in any Forward-Looking Statement. Those important factors and risks include, without limitation, economic, competitive, governmental and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Important factors and risks are described in the current Jstarlist annual report filed with the SEC, and may be detailed from time to time in additional reports and other filings of Jstarlist filed with the SEC. Copies of the most recent reports and other filings of Jstarlist can be accessed through the SEC EDGAR system located at www.sec.gov or may be obtained at no charge from Jstarlist. Jstarlist expressly disclaims any obligation or responsibility to update or revise or supplement any Forward-Looking Statement in any news release or generally to any extent.
23. Patents. One or more patents apply to this Site and to the features and services accessible via the Site, including without limitation: USA Patent 6,023,685; USA Patent 6,704,713; USA Patent 6,907,405; and all corresponding foreign counterparts
24. Additional Provisions Applicable to Persons Using Jstarlist to Buy or Sell Tickets to any Event Located in the State of Illinois. If, and only if, you are using Jstarlist to purchase or sell a ticket to an event that is located in the State of Illinois, then you understand, agree and acknowledge the following:
- This website is operated by Jstarlist LLC. Jstarlist's address in the State of California is: PO Box 1305 Rosemead, CA 91770.
- If you have a complaint or inquiry regarding ticket resales made through Jstarlist for any event located in the State of Illinois, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 888.631.1151.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. In the event of a dispute, you, Jstarlist, and all buyers and sellers of tickets through Jstarlist each agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Chicago, Illinois, and the parties consent to the exclusive and personal jurisdiction and venue of these courts, subject to the following: If you are a reseller of one or more tickets through Jstarlist and you have a dispute with any person or business who buys any of those tickets from you, or you are a buyer of one or more resold tickets resold through Jstarlist and you have a dispute with the person or business that sold any of those tickets to you, you hereby agree that that dispute will be solely and finally settled in Illinois by binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures of the American Arbitration Association, and the non-prevailing party in the arbitration shall pay the fees and expenses of the arbitrator(s) and the costs of arbitration and the enforcement of any award rendered therein, including the attorneys' fees and expenses of the prevailing party. In order to commence such a proceeding, please send a letter describing the dispute to Jstarlist LLC, PO Box 1305 Rosemead, CA 91770.
25. Text Messaging. By creating an Account, you agree that the Services may send you informational text (SMS) messages as part of the normal business operation of your use of the Services. You may opt-out of receiving text (SMS) messages from Uber at any time by texting the word STOP to 89203s from the mobile device receiving the messages. You acknowledge that opting out of receiving text (SMS) messages may impact your use of the Services.
26. Additional Provisions Applicable to Persons Using Jstarlist to Buy or Sell Tickets to any Event Located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If, and only if, you are using Jstarlist to purchase or sell a ticket to an event that is located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, then you understand, agree and acknowledge the following:
- This website is operated by Jstarlist LLC. Jstarlist's address in the Commonwealth of California is: PO Box 1305, Rosemead, CA 91770
27. Questions. If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding these Terms or the Site, feel free to contact us at:
PO Box 1305
Rosemead, CA 91770
27. Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Site users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
2017 JstarPASS™ and JstarPASS.com are registered trademarks of Jstarlist LLC. All rights reserved.